Saturday, December 1, 2007

Jam Packed Night!

Haws and I started the day with a jam packed schedule. I worked in the morning then went straight to Laura's bridal shower in the afternoon. It was a lot of fun... I am so happy for Laura and Josh! After the shower, I went home to get some stuff down before we headed out for a cocktail party for one of my pilates studios, dinner with Haws' friend Skippy and then a birthday party for our friend at a club in Long Beach. When we found out about the parade going on near the restaurant we were going to, our dinner plans fell through. From there on out... all of our plans went out the door. We decided to skip the work gathering and headed to In and Out for Haws and GAYS (great american yogurt) for me. When we got home I decided I would make the Sprinkles Cupcakes tonight instead of tomorrow. These are the famous Sprinkles Cupcakes that everone raves about. You can buy the mix at Williams Sonoma, but you have to make the frosting yourself. It took a little more work than I thought and then when I was ready to go out "clubbing" for the birthday bash, this is what I found... Needless to say, Haws was exhausted after a day of deep cleaning bathrooms and cleaning out the spare room. We decided to stay in and it was awesome! I think this is the first weekend night that we have spent most of it at home since we have been married!

The Cupcakes were fun to make. I am not a big dessert person (except for yogurt), but the colors and textures of these cupcakes are beautiful! I will let you all know the verdict on how good they taste tomorrow.



The following day was my mother-in- laws birthday. After making my Aunt Nancy's Italian chicken (with a healthier twist of course) for dinner. I served the cupcakes and they were a hit. The report back was that the frosting was the best part! That made me feel good considering that is the one thing I had to make from scratch :) Happy Birthday Mary!!!


4 comments:

kori said...

Classic picture of Haws! I love it. I didn't know you could buy that cupcake mix. Let me know who they turn out.

Dana and Chase said...

i want to make those right now and then smear all the icing in haws hand and tickle him with a feather so he rubs the icing all overhimself hahah

trueblue said...

my mom used to always take pictures of my dad sleeping in the chair or on the couch and i used to think it was SO random, but now in just 6 months of married life for me, i think i have at least half a dozen pictures of tom asleep too... funny!

Nancy said...

You are quite the cook Lori! How nice of you to make dinner for your mother in law. I bet she loved it...I bet everyone loved it! What a gal!